|A state cop from Delaware is preparing for a special run in South Korea.
Lt. Dan Hall of Clayton is carrying the Olympic torch for Special Olympics Delaware on a leg through South Korea this January for the winter games.
"And the other guys who have participated and traveled around the world, they say how great it is, and establish fantastic relationships, so it's a unique bond that you have," he says.
It's a cause close to his heart.
"Next to my family, Special Olympics is my greatest passion, and I'm excited to spread the word and see a different part of the world and meet a fantastic group of people," Hall says.
[He's excited to go, but he does have a concern....
"And the food, I'm a little nervous about that stuff.... I run a lot. I'm not big, but I might come back a little bit thinner, I imagine. I don't want to have an upset stomach each day trying to get from point to point," he said, laughing.
| Audio Options
- Brothers spreading joy of 'cornhole'
(Apr 25, 2013)
- Restoring William Penn's luster
(Apr 11, 2013)
- New documentary focuses on Delaware farming
(Apr 4, 2013)
- Fan convention coming to Delaware
(Mar 29, 2013)
- Kids helping kids with stress
(Mar 14, 2013)
- A Golden Toque for Chef Paul
(Mar 8, 2013)
- New creature comforts on Cape May-Lewes Ferry
(Feb 28, 2013)
- Fighting a Mystery Illness
(Feb 21, 2013)
- Africa trek 'life-changing' for University of Delaware sophomore
(Feb 7, 2013)
- Eat your way through Delaware!
(Jan 31, 2013)