A bit of sunshine for a longtime Hagley Museum employee, and she gets it from WDEL.
|Jill MacKenzie on 'The Rick Jensen Show'|
Jill MacKenzie's coworkers at the Hagley Museum and Library in North Wilmington say she loves the weather, no matter what it is.
"Give me a good thunderstorm any day except for Hagley fireworks, and I'm really happy," she said.
MacKenzie is director of external affairs and development at Hagley, but weather ....
"I'm a weather geek."
is her passion.
"As an outdoor museum, we live and die by the weather, and each June we do two nights of fireworks, and each year, after sweating it out, I thought, 'You know, the more I can teach myself about the weather, the better off I'm gonna be, the better off we're gonna be."
To celebrate Jill's 30th anniversary at Hagley, her coworkers arranged for her to announce the forecast on WDEL.
Rick: "It's Jill MacKenzie, the official Hagley Museum weather lady, now with your WDEL Delaware Accuweather forecast......"
"It's going to be a little hotter toward the weekend and we've got a full moon on Friday."
Rick: "Are you sure you're not a meteorologist?"
MacKenzie: "No, but I'd love to be."
Rick: "Let's see your credentials...."
Maybe we'll invite her back to help us out with Snowatch.
| Audio Options
- Brothers spreading joy of 'cornhole'
(Apr 25, 2013)
- Restoring William Penn's luster
(Apr 11, 2013)
- New documentary focuses on Delaware farming
(Apr 4, 2013)
- Fan convention coming to Delaware
(Mar 29, 2013)
- Kids helping kids with stress
(Mar 14, 2013)
- A Golden Toque for Chef Paul
(Mar 8, 2013)
- New creature comforts on Cape May-Lewes Ferry
(Feb 28, 2013)
- Fighting a Mystery Illness
(Feb 21, 2013)
- Africa trek 'life-changing' for University of Delaware sophomore
(Feb 7, 2013)
- Eat your way through Delaware!
(Jan 31, 2013)