|From book to musical to movie, a local author sees her dream come true.
Jamie Kleman of Landenberg, Pa., got the idea for her book 'It's Not Mean to Be Green' from her son, Will.
Jamie Kleman: "There were signs about going green and being green, and I turned to my son and said, 'Do you know what that means?' and he said, 'Well, I know Frankenstein is mean and monsters are green,' and it was like that aha moment."
The story about protecting the environment was turned into a musical that debuted at the DuPont Theatre, and now, it's being turned into an animated movie.
Greenella: "My name is Greenella, and I want to talk to you about carpooling and alternative transportation."
"We want to showcase Delaware's commitment to educating the youth about the environment in a different way, in this entertaining way," Kleman says.
Kleman has high hopes for the movie.
Kleman: "I'd really love 'It's Not Mean to Be Green' to be the first Earth Day special that you look forward to each April."
To get a sneak peek of the film, visit A Bigger Boat Foundation.
| Audio Options
Deprecated: Function mysql_db_query() is deprecated in /www/wdel/web/destories.php on line 173
Deprecated: mysql_db_query(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_query() instead in /www/wdel/web/destories.php on line 173
- Brothers spreading joy of 'cornhole'
(Apr 25, 2013)
- Restoring William Penn's luster
(Apr 11, 2013)
- New documentary focuses on Delaware farming
(Apr 4, 2013)
- Fan convention coming to Delaware
(Mar 29, 2013)
- Kids helping kids with stress
(Mar 14, 2013)
- A Golden Toque for Chef Paul
(Mar 8, 2013)
- New creature comforts on Cape May-Lewes Ferry
(Feb 28, 2013)
- Fighting a Mystery Illness
(Feb 21, 2013)
- Africa trek 'life-changing' for University of Delaware sophomore
(Feb 7, 2013)
- Eat your way through Delaware!
(Jan 31, 2013)