|A Newark woman overcomes terrible abuse, and tells how in her new book.
"I went through sexual abuse as a child."
And 47-year-old Barbara Rose writes about it in her new book, 'Angel Works: Soaring from Abuse to Love, Forgiveness and Enlightenment.'
"Somehow and some way I was gonna get through this, I was gonna get through the hard times, and I was gonna be successful on the other side," Rose said.
Rose went through years of therapy, but she says her spirit pulled her through.
"Knowing it was going to happen, and waiting and trusting and having faith that it was gonna come around,"
Rose says she knows her story can help others.
"And just share my life and what I went through, and healing and love and forgiveness for anyone, no matter what a person has gone through," she said.
| Audio Options
Download the podcast
WDEL's Delaware Stories airs Thursdays
at 6:13am, 7:13am & 8:13am on 1150AM.
- Brothers spreading joy of 'cornhole'
(Apr 25, 2013)
- Restoring William Penn's luster
(Apr 11, 2013)
- New documentary focuses on Delaware farming
(Apr 4, 2013)
- Fan convention coming to Delaware
(Mar 29, 2013)
- Kids helping kids with stress
(Mar 14, 2013)
- A Golden Toque for Chef Paul
(Mar 8, 2013)
- New creature comforts on Cape May-Lewes Ferry
(Feb 28, 2013)
- Fighting a Mystery Illness
(Feb 21, 2013)
- Africa trek 'life-changing' for University of Delaware sophomore
(Feb 7, 2013)
- Eat your way through Delaware!
(Jan 31, 2013)