|Chew your way through Delaware
on a new culinary trail.
It's a delicious way to look at Delaware - the Delaware Culinary trail.
"Visitors can see and experience what types of foods are iconic to Delaware," says Linda Parkowski, director of tourism.
"Everybody loves to eat. And it's one of the top visitor activities within Delaware. So we knew that and we really just wanted to showcase some of the iconic restaurants," she said.
There are eight restaurants in each county along the trail, with a wide range of Delaware delicacies.
"In New Castle, there's the Green Room at the Hotel duPont, there's the Doghouse on Route 13, Harry's Savoy Grille, the Claymont Steak Shop," she said.
The trail highlights foods that make Delaware famous.
"Chicken, of course, poultry's one of our largest exports in Delaware; scrapple, and we also have crabs," Parkowski said.
And you get a treat for completing the trail.
"They'll receive a cookbook that has the history of that restaurant, and also a recipe," she said.
Get more information at www.visitdelaware.com or call 866-284-7483
| Audio Options
- Brothers spreading joy of 'cornhole'
(Apr 25, 2013)
- Restoring William Penn's luster
(Apr 11, 2013)
- New documentary focuses on Delaware farming
(Apr 4, 2013)
- Fan convention coming to Delaware
(Mar 29, 2013)
- Kids helping kids with stress
(Mar 14, 2013)
- A Golden Toque for Chef Paul
(Mar 8, 2013)
- New creature comforts on Cape May-Lewes Ferry
(Feb 28, 2013)
- Fighting a Mystery Illness
(Feb 21, 2013)
- Africa trek 'life-changing' for University of Delaware sophomore
(Feb 7, 2013)
- Eat your way through Delaware!
(Jan 31, 2013)