|Help Delaware State University retool their school.
DSU is competing for up to $50,000 in school improvement grant money from Home Depot.
If they win the big money, Carlos Holmes tells WDEL they plan to upgrade their fraternity/sorority plot area.
Carlos Holmes: "The area is a gathering place especially during the warm winter times and the fall and the spring for our students to go outside and barbeque, and we have homecoming, all our alums, our Greek alums go over there and have a big gathering."
If they win the lesser prize of $10,000, Holmes says the school plans to move forward with its going green initiative.
Holmes: "If we were to win enough to do the installation of the energy efficient film on Wendell that would be very consistent with what we're doing here at the university to try to reduce our carbon footprint."
You can only vote once a day--but if you've got an iPad, an iPhone, a computer at home, and a computer at work, you can vote on all those devices in just one day.
Holmes: "If you could vote for DSU every day that would very much help us."
Just visit Retool Your School.
| Audio Options
- Sanford freshman to compete in nat'l poetry competition
(Apr 23, 2013)
- Local HS students to serenade on stage at the Queen
(Apr 16, 2013)
- Fighting fire with fire
(Apr 9, 2013)
- St. E's ballerina overcomes partial blindness to dance in internat'l competition
(Apr 2, 2013)
- Roadkill creates "CSI" experience for students
(Mar 26, 2013)
- DSU wants to win "Retool Your School" contest
(Mar 19, 2013)
- EdWatch: UD senior's project promotes healthy mothers, healthy babies
(Mar 11, 2013)
- iPad takeover underway at St. Mark's
(Feb 26, 2013)
- Duffy's Hope restores hope for troubled Wilm. youth
(Feb 19, 2013)
- Teacher evaluations: What works and what doesn't
(Feb 5, 2013)