Milford furniture fire ruled accidental

A fire that did heavy damage to an historic business in Milford in December has been ruled accidental.

The fire at the Warren Furniture store on December 26th started in the first floor showroom from an electrical failure in fixed branch circuitry, according to the state fire marshal's office.

Fire officials believe it may have burned for awhile before it was discovered.

Firefighters battled the blaze for nearly three hours. Damage was estimated at $750,000.






Copyright © Apr 19, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.