Christmas tree lights spark house fire in Smyrna

State Fire Marshal's investigators say malfunctioning Christmas tree lights touched off a house fire in Smyrna Thursday night.

The fire started in the living room of a house in the 300 block of Ronald Lane in Glenwood around 11 PM.

The house's occupants had gotten out safely by the time firefighters arrived, and the fire was under control within a half hour.

Damage to the house, which had working smoke detectors, is estimated at $35,000.

The displaced family is staying with relatives.






Copyright © Apr 23, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.