Combustibles, water heater, start Elsmere fire

A Wednesday morning fire that burned in a home in Elsmere started in the basement.

Investigators say it started due to combustibles stored too close to a water heater.

Crews responded to the residence on the 1600 block of Kirkwood Highway.

Residents were able to get back into the home.

Damage is estimated at a thousand dollars.






Copyright © Oct 25, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.