VIDEO: Paving not expected for Gov. Printz Blvd. until October
County officials gave an update on plans to clean up construction materials from the canceled Governor Printz sewer project Wednesday night.
WDEL's Tom Lehman has more.
Jon Husband, a New Castle County special services manager, says the contractor in charge of the project at Governor Printz Boulevard has signed a written agreement wrap up its work and clear the site by July 31.
But, he says DelDOT might not be able to re-pave the roads until later this fall.
"When they go through their contract work and get everything lined up, they said probably the earlier would be some time in October," Husband says.
He says until the road is paved again, the county will take over traffic control on Governor Printz, and the process of traveling the road will remain mostly the same until then.
"The county will maintain the orange barrels that you'll see, there's the delineators that you'll see between the two lanes," Husband says.
Claymont resident Mike Lang says he's disappointed to know the road might not be re-paved until later than previously thought. He wishes this could happen quicker.
"I mean at this point we've put up with it for, oh...two-and-a-half years now, so at this point I'm not really surprised by anything," Lang says.
Copyright © Mar 12, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.