VIDEO: Apartment fire displaces 25 people

Several families are being helped by the Red Cross after an apartment fire outside Wilmington.

Cranston Heights firefighters were called to Cranston Hall Apartments on Old Capitol Trail Friday around 6pm.

Investigators say the fire started when an electrical malfunction ignited some nearby materials. It's being ruled an accident.

Damage is estimated at $150,000.

18 adults and 7 children needed to find a place to stay. The Red Cross is helping them with clothing, food and shelter.






Copyright © Sep 01, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.