Cause of funeral home fire in Millsboro determined

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office has determined the cause of a fire that occurred at a funeral home in Millsboro.

Officials say the blaze occurred on March 1st as a result of an accidental electrical malfunction in branch circuit wiring in the ceiling on the first floor of Bennie Smith Funeral Home.

Damages to the three-story building are estimated at $350,000.






Copyright © Oct 25, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.