Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 9:25pm
Wilmington apt. fire displaces 2, hospitalizing 1
A fire caused by unattended cooking at a Wilmington apartment displaced the apartment's 2 occupants Wednesday, sending 1 to the hospital.
Crews arrived at 2310 Baynard Boulevard around 3:40 Wednesday afternoon and found smoke coming from a second-floor apartment.
The building was evacuated, and one of the affected apartment's occupants was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to Wilmington Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The fire was confined to the apartment where it started, was under control in about 15 minutes, and no one else was hurt.
The Red Cross is providing temporary shelter for the occupants of the burned apartment.
Copyright © May 21, 2013, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.