Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 10:10pm
Careless cooking causes $100,000 townhouse fire
Updated Monday, June 18, 2012 - 10:17am
Video player now loading; please wait...
|Governor's House Townhome Fire|
About 20 people have have been displaced by a fire that broke out in the Governor's House Townhomes off Governor Printz Boulevard.
Brandywine Hundred Fire Chief Tom Finocchiaro says firefighters encountered heavy flames coming from the top units of the three-story building.
"The fire was originated in the third floor, back apartment. It had breached the apartment got up into the roof area and the attic area," says Finocchiaro.
Click here to listen
Everyone got out safely, and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters from several companies had to break through the roof to contain the flames.
The Fire Marshal's office says the fire was caused by unattended cooking, and damage is estimated at $100,000.
Copyright © Jun 19, 2013, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.