Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 3:09pm
Fire heavily damages restaurant on Route 13
Updated Monday, August 20, 2012 - 10:45am
Damage is estimated at $100,000 following a fire at the Casablanca Restaurant on DuPont Highway near Minquadale.
The blaze broke out at about 5:00 a.m. Sunday, drawing firefighters from several area fire companies.
Investigators with the State Fire Marshal's Office discovered that an electrical malfunction inside a store room caused the fire, which left the restaurant with substantial smoke and fire damage.
The restaurant was closed at the time, and there were no injuries reported.
Copyright © Jun 19, 2013, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.