Rehoboth Beach mobile home fire displaces 5
By Frank Gerace

A kerosene heater is the culprit in a fire that forced three adults and two children out of their Rehoboth Beach mobile home Monday afternoon.

State Fire Marshal's investigators say the heater was in the back bedroom of the home in the 19 thousand block of Norwood Street when it malfunctioned around 12:20.

Firefighters from Rehoboth, Lewes and Indian River saw flames pouring from the home when they arrived on-scene.

The home didn't have working smoke detectors, but everyone inside did manage to get out safely.

Damage is estimated at 6 thousand dollars, and the Red Cross is helping the displaced occupants with emergency shelter and other needs.



Copyright © Sep 18, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach