WDEL ALERT: I-495 bridge fully open




Manager says Delaware City refinery may still expand
By Randall Chase, Associated Press

Updated Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 5:40pm

The plant manager of the Delaware City refinery is not ruling out a future expansion of operations at the facility.

PBF Energy, which purchased the shuttered refinery from Valero Corp. in 2010 for $220 million, said earlier this year that it was putting plans for a $1 billion expansion project on hold.

Speaking Thursday to the Port of Wilmington Maritime Society, plant manager Herman Seedorf said refinery officials are still focused on short-term initiatives, but he said there's still a large opportunity for additional investments at the refinery.

Seedorf said PBF spent considerable time and effort restarting the refinery because of the condition in which Valero left it, and that the process took longer than the new owners would have liked.




Copyright © Aug 27, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach