Monday, October 29, 2012 - 5:39pm
Traffic restrictions on Delaware Memorial Bridge
Due to sustained winds in excess of 40 mph associated with Hurricane Sandy, the Delaware Memorial Bridge has banned tractor-trailer, motorcycles, campers, buses and all vehicles prone to instability at high winds as of 4:30 p.m. this evening.
Passenger cars will be able to continue crossing the bridges until changing weather conditions require further traffic restrictions.
The Authority will continue to closely monitor the flow of traffic across the bridge.
Depending on bridge conditions, additional restrictions may be implemented.
The potential of a full bridge closure may occur if sustained winds exceed 50 mph.
The Delaware River and Bay Authority will make every effort to keep its bridge facility open as long as conditions are deemed safe to do so.
DRBA officials strongly advise that motorists avoid any unnecessary travel today and tonight.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20