Monday, November 26, 2012 - 1:20pm
Fed court upholds life sentence in child porn case
A federal appeals court has upheld the life sentence of a New Castle man convicted on child sex charges after traveling to the Philippines to meet a woman and her two-year-old daughter.
68-year-old Paul Pavulak argued that evidence in his case should have been suppressed because a Delaware State Police search warrant affidavit failed to establish probable cause.
The appeals court agreed last week that the affidavit failed to establish probable cause for child pornography. But the court said the officers reasonably relied on the warrants in good faith and that the judge properly refused to suppress the evidence.
Prosecutors said Pavulak, who was twice convicted of molesting the daughters of his girlfriends, made sex videos with the Filipino woman and planned to have sex with her daughter as well.
Copyright © May 20, 2013, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.