Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 11:33am
Biden, at Costco, calls for middle class tax cut
Updated Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 11:56am
Vice President Biden visited Washington's first Costco store, where he bought a 32-inch TV, a stack of children's books, an apple pie and other items in a pre-Christmas shopping spree.
|Vice President Biden walks over to hug Costco employee Ivey Stewart, left, after shopping at the a Costco store in Washington. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)|
Biden came to the store's grand opening Thursday and was mobbed by shoppers and employees. He said he visited the store to demonstrate the need to extend tax cuts for the middle class.
"We are fully prepared to work with our Republican colleagues to make sure we deal with, quote, the rest of the fiscal cliff, and that would take 900 billion dollars off the cliff right now."
Click here to listen
He said consumer confidence is growing, as demonstrated by the huge crowd at the gleaming new store, and said "the last thing we need to do is dash that now" by imposing a tax increase of about 22-hundred-dollars for a typical middle-class family.
Vice President Biden and President Obama have pressed Congress to extend middle-class tax cuts while raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20