Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 10:27pm
Hilltop suspects sought
Wilmington police are looking for two men they say committed two robberies just over 3 hours apart in the city's Hilltop section.
Police say the men broke into a house in the 11 hundred block of Rodney Street around 1:38 Monday afternoon.
By the time officers and the homeowner arrived, the suspects had left, having taken several things and set off the house's burglar alarm--a witness gave police a description of a man seen leaving the house, but the man was nowhere to be found.
Just before 5 PM, another homeowner told police a man was looking into the window of a house in the 13 hundred block of East 9th Street, but this suspect took off after he and the victim made eye contact.
Police say they're looking for a man about 6 feet tall, wearing all-black clothing with a hood pulled over his head, and another man who's black, about 50 years old, balding, with an average build, wearing a black denim jacket and navy blue baseball cap.
Anyone with information can call Wilmington police or Crimestoppers.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20