Christmas tree lights spark house fire in Smyrna
By Frank Gerace

Updated Friday, January 4, 2013 - 3:43pm

State Fire Marshal's investigators say malfunctioning Christmas tree lights touched off a house fire in Smyrna Thursday night.

The fire started in the living room of a house in the 300 block of Ronald Lane in Glenwood around 11 PM.

The house's occupants had gotten out safely by the time firefighters arrived, and the fire was under control within a half hour.

Damage to the house, which had working smoke detectors, is estimated at $35,000.

The displaced family is staying with relatives.



Copyright © Apr 18, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach