Southbound I-495 bridge open, NB still closed




Combustibles, water heater, start Elsmere fire
By Peter MacArthur

Updated Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 12:18pm

A Wednesday morning fire that burned in a home in Elsmere started in the basement.

Investigators say it started due to combustibles stored too close to a water heater.

Crews responded to the residence on the 1600 block of Kirkwood Highway.

Residents were able to get back into the home.

Damage is estimated at a thousand dollars.



Copyright © Aug 23, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach