Monday, March 4, 2013 - 12:49pm
UD student returns mistaken windfall
A University of Delaware student has returned a windfall of $1,800 that was mistakenly dispensed when he stepped up to a campus ATM.
Devon Gluck of Ellicott City, Md., tells The News Journal he heard strange noises coming from the ATM when he stepped up to make a withdrawal Feb. 1. Then suddenly it dispensed 18 $100 bills. Gluck says he decided to take the money and figure out what to do with it. After a few days, Gluck says he decided it would be right to return the money.
A PNC Bank spokeswoman confirms a student returned cash dispensed by the ATM. Another student's account from which the money was mistakenly withdrawn has been refunded.
Gluck says a bank manager thanked him for returning the cash.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20