Friday, March 15, 2013 - 11:18pm
O'Mara discusses Evraz pollution control system in Gov.'s weekly address
Updated Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 12:43pm
DNREC Secretary Collin O'Mara stresses the importance of the new air pollution control system at Evraz Claymont Steel as he filled in to deliver Gov. Markell's weekly address.
O'Mara says the new system will be beneficial for both nearby residents and workers as it reduces dust particles that come from the facility.
"It was a multi-million dollar investment. It's going to improve the quality of life for the local residents, improve the quality of life for the workers, increase the productivity, and make this plant much more per petitive for decades to come," says O'Mara.
Click here to listen
He says the new system is an example of how cleaner air can be obtained while helping the economy.
WDEL covered the unveiling of the new system at Evraz Monday.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20