Monday, March 18, 2013 - 2:03pm
Bioscience community reacts to AstraZeneca cuts
The bioscience community isn't shocked that AstraZeneca is consolidating their research and development efforts, but the number of layoffs is taking some by surprise.
Bob Dayton, President of the Delaware BioScience Association tells WDEL they're holding their sixth career fair Wednesday from 3-7pm in Newark that could help some of the people who are being laid off at AstraZeneca.
"I think we're going to be able to help some folks out. This was just ironic, the timing here...we didn't know anything. But we do this annually. It's a way for Delaware Bio to connect people with employers here," says Dayton.
Click here to listen
The career fair, being held at the Delaware Biotechnology Institute, features up to a dozen big-name biotech companies including Agilent Technologies, QPS, and Incyte.
For more information, visit Delaware Bio.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20