Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 9:15am
Several fires break out in New Castle County, one arson
Updated Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 11:21am
The state Fire Marshal's office is investigating several fires that broke out Wednesday afternoon, including an arson.
Shortly before 4 p.m., the Aetna Hose, Hook and Ladder company of Newark responded to a field fire in the neighborhood of Barrington. One person suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to Christiana Hospital, where they were treated and released. The field fire was caused by a young person playing with matches.
At about 4:30, deputy fire marshals were called to investigate a shed on fire in the first block of Fieldstone Court in the Kings Croft community. The fire was caused by sparks from a passing train. The fire cause minor damage to the shed in the rear of the residence.
Then around 5:30 p.m., the Minquadale Fire Company was called to the first block of Seaford Street in Minquadale for a shed on fire. Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene and determined that the fire was arson. The fire caused several hundred dollars in damage.
Copyright © Apr 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.