Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 8:42pm
Fatal crash in Greenville kills Wilmington teen
New Castle County police say a Wilmington teenager was killed in a crash in Greenville that also injured four others.
Police say 17-year-old Anthony Maquire died as a result of head injuries suffered in the crash about 7:15 p.m. Saturday.
Police say the accident occurred at the intersection of Centerville Road and East Red Clay Drive.
Authorities say Maguire was a passenger in a Jeep Wrangler that overturned after it was struck by another vehicle.
Police say investigators have found that alcohol appears to have been a contributing factor in the crash.
Police say the drivers of the two vehicles and two other passengers all were treated for minor injuries and were later released.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20