Friday, June 21, 2013 - 9:18pm
Ngozi and Labau highlight Blue-Gold Week honorees
Glasgow's Khari Ngozi and St. Mark's Devan Labau were honored with the Jim Williams Memorial Award for leading squad spirit and morale during training the build up to Saturday's 58th Annual DRFC Blue-Gold All-Star Football Game.
The awards handed out by the Delaware Interscholastic Football Coaches Association were just two of many given out at the All-Star Banquet at Dover Downs Friday night as all the players, cheerleaders, ambassadors, band members, and buddies were honored.
Many of the awards were connected to the Hand-In-Hand program which connects a participant with a buddy during the months leading up to the games.
The Outstanding Blue-Gold Cheerleaders Awards went to Saint Georges' Sarah Royston (Gold) and Brandywine's Courtney McGuigan.
The Hand-In-Hand Award for football players went to Travis Caravel from Sussex Central (Gold) and Cody Bauer from Concord (Blue).
Polytech's Avery Chandler and Concord's Rachel Levithan earned the Bob Carpenter, Jr. Memorial Awards for the top ambassadors. The ambassadors help coordinate in-school events to raise awareness and money for the game and program throughout the year.
The Outstanding Band Member Award was presented to Jada Little of Dover High School for demonstrating incredible spirit and dedication to the Hand-in-Hand Program.
Collin Butterworth, Kevin Durham, and Julia Hensley were honored as the 2013 Graduating buddies, while Jacob Zonick (Gold) and Justin Bates (Blue) are the All-Star buddies who spoke at the Media Day Press Conference on Sunday.
The 2013 DFRC Blue-Gold All-Star Football Game kicks off Saturday at 7pm at Delaware Stadium. Tickets will be available at the gate, with pre-game parking opening up at 1pm for $5. On-field ceremonies commence at 6pm.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20