Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 5:36am
D. Young's HR helps Phils beat Padres in 13
Second baseman Logan Forsythe bobbled Ben Revere's grounder in the 13th inning and then threw home wildly, leading to two unearned runs in the Philadelphia Phillies' 7-5 win over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night.
Chase Utley, who was hit by a pitch, and Domonic Brown, who walked against Tommy Layne (0-2) scored the decisive runs. Forsythe bounced a throw as he tried to prevent Utley from scoring. The ball bounced away from catcher Nick Hundley, allowing Brown to score also.
Joe Savory (1-0) worked one inning and Jonathan Papelbon got the final three outs for his 15th save in 19 chances.
The Phillies, who trailed 5-2 after six innings, rallied to tie it with an unearned run in the seventh and two runs in the eighth on a two-run home run by Delmon Young off Luke Gregerson.
The Phillies move on the Los Angeles to start a four game series with the Dodgers.
Jonathan Pettibone takes the mound for the Phils against Zach Greinke...pre-game on WDEL starts at 9:35.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20