Frederica house fire ruled accidental
By Joe Irizarry

A Wednesday night house fire in Frederica has been ruled accidental.

The fire in the 100 block of Whitwell Delight Drive started around 8:15 just west of Bowers Beach, and it was under control at 8:50.

The Bowers Fire Company was first on the scene, and received assistance from the Frederica, Magnolia and Little Creek fire companies as well as Kent County Paramedics.

The State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze originated at a liquid fueled electrical generator next to the home, and it was caused by an electrical overload. There were no operating smoke detectors.

Damages were estimated at $10,000, and the occupants are being assisted by the Red Cross of Delmarva.

Copyright © Sep 21, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage

 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates

Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach