Friday, August 16, 2013 - 12:51pm
I-95/202 road closure in its final day
Updated Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 11:57am
If you're planning to drive through Wilmington this weekend, there's a major road closure you need to know about.
Interstate 95 north and southbound at the U.S. 202 interchange will be closed starting at 9 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday.
Bob King of DelDOT says traffic will be detoured as crews demolish the existing bridge ramp from northbound I-95 to northbound U.S. 202.
"We need the reconfiguration for the interchange so that the traffic exiting on 202 won't have the back-up on 95 the way it's been experienced. So that's being totally redone," says King.
Click here to listen
He says they're also working on another aspect of the roadway.
"And at the same time, what we need to do is we need to establish more clearance for trucks traveling underneath 202 or along I-95," says King.
Click here to listen
Road crews will also replace two girders on the 202 bridge over I-95. Ramps from 202 southbound onto I-95 northbound and 202 northbound onto I-95 southbound also will be closed. Lane closures start at 8 p.m. Friday.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20