Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:17am
Man dies from injuries suffered after motorcycle crash
Updated Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:46pm
A New Castle man has died after being thrown from his motorcycle in a crash with a car Tuesday night.
State police say 58-year-old Edward Woodring pulled his Mazda onto the northbound lanes from a business at 174 North DuPont Highway. The Mazda collided with northbound Suzuki motorcycle operated by 30-year-old Chad Brooks.
After the impact, the motorcycle veered into the center median. Brooks was thrown off the motorcycle and landed in the southbound lanes of North DuPont Highway.
Brooks was pronounced dead at Christiana Hospital Wednesday morning. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the collision.
Woodring was also taken to Christiana Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers continue to investigate, and no charges have been filed.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20