Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 5:41pm
Del. officials mull license action against doctor
A state hearing officer is deciding whether to recommend that Delaware regulators discipline a doctor who failed to disclose drunken-driving convictions in applying for a medical license.
In a complaint against Dr. Claxton Crowder that was the subject of a hearing Thursday, authorities allege that he failed to disclose in his 2006 license application that he had twice been found guilty in New Jersey of driving while intoxicated. They also say Crowder, a family practitioner whose Delaware license expired in 2011, was convicted a third time in New Jersey in 2008.
New Jersey regulators suspended Crowder's medical license in 2010, citing alcohol problems and his disqualification from Medicaid for improper billings, which he blames on another doctor.
Pennsylvania regulators placed Crowder on probation in 2010 for not disclosing the convictions.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20