Man burns face while lighting cigarette on stove
By Associated Press

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office says an Iron Hill man is in serious but stable condition after his face was severely burned while lighting a cigarette on a gas stove.

The News Journal reports the man was burned Friday night, and his family took him to Christiana Hospital on Saturday afternoon. Investigators were called to the hospital.

Fire officials say the injury happened when the man was lighting a cigarette on a gas stove while using oxygen. The man has been transferred to a burn center in Upland, Pa.



Copyright © Apr 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach