Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 5:11pm
20 subpoenas issued in NJ traffic scandal
Twenty subpoenas for documents are being issued to people and organizations in the investigation into a traffic jam scandal that involves New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's associates.
The subpoenas went out Thursday, soon after the state Assembly authorized a special committee to extend its inquiry.
Assemblyman John Wisinewski (wiz-NOO'-skee), who is leading the investigation, would not name any subpoena recipients until the documents are served, presumably by Friday.
However, he has indicated that people whose names appeared in previously obtained emails and text messages are likely to receive subpoenas.
They include fired Christie aide Bridget Anne Kelly and former Christie campaign manager Bill Stepien.
The closures near the George Washington Bridge were apparently ordered as political payback and caused massive traffic backups.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20