WDEL ALERT: I-495 bridge fully open




Cause of funeral home fire in Millsboro determined
By Jamie Winder

Updated Thursday, March 6, 2014 - 1:33pm

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office has determined the cause of a fire that occurred at a funeral home in Millsboro.

Officials say the blaze occurred on March 1st as a result of an accidental electrical malfunction in branch circuit wiring in the ceiling on the first floor of Bennie Smith Funeral Home.

Damages to the three-story building are estimated at $350,000.



Copyright © Aug 29, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach