Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 5:25pm
Suspect charged after firing gun on U-D campus
Updated Monday, March 24, 2014 - 6:25am
A Newark man is charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon, second-degree reckless endangering, and terroristic threatening.
Police say Alex R. Marshall, 22, of Newark, was attending a party in Newark around 1 a.m. Sunday when he got into an argument.
They say he left the party in anger and returned to his car, which was parked in a UD parking lot off New London Road. Once at his car, he fired a gun several times into the air.
University of Delaware Police and Newark Police responded immediately to the scene, took Marshall into custody, recovered the gun, and secured the scene.
Since Marshall was apprehended immediately and there was no ongoing threat, the university did not issue a UD Alert.
Marshall is not a UD student. He was arraigned and released after posting a $2,500 dollar secured bond.
Anyone with additional information about this incident is asked to contact University of Delaware Police.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20