Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 10:47pm
Greenville Shell gas station robbed by man with knife
Updated Friday, July 18, 2014 - 4:13pm
A gas station in Greenville was robbed Thursday afternoon by a man wielding a knife, state police said.
The man entered the Shell gas station at 3800 Kennett Pike about 2:47 p.m. and demanded money from a cashier while displaying a knife, Sgt. Paul Shavack said.
The worker complied and turned over an undisclosed amount of cash to the robber, who fled on foot, Shavack said. No injuries were reported.
The suspect was described as white, 20 to 25 years old, 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 150 pounds. He was last seen wearing a shirt, pair of pants and bandana--which was used to hide his identity--that were described as dark.
Surveillance photos of the suspect were not available for release Thursday night, Shavack said.
Anyone with information can call the Troop 2 Robbery Unit at (302) 834-2630 ext. 6 or by using the Delaware State Police Mobile Crime Tip application.
Tips can also be submitted to Delaware CrimeStoppers at 1 (800) TIP-3333, online at www.tipsubmit.com, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20