Monday, July 21, 2014 - 5:47pm
Biden: US won't rest until VA problems fixed
Vice President Joe Biden is telling veterans that the Obama administration won't rest until major problems at the Veterans Affairs Department get fixed.
|VP Joe Biden (AP File/Photo)|
Biden is addressing a convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. He says the country has learned that there are "many, many" things that must be done to fix the VA.
Biden says acting Veterans Affairs Secretary Sloan Gibson will speak in depth Tuesday about the VA's difficult condition and what's being done to correct it.
Biden says the government's only truly sacred obligation is to equip those sent to war and to care for them and their families when they return.
Gibson took over in May amid an uproar over treatment delays and other problems at VA facilities nationwide, including reports that dozens died awaiting treatment.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20