Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 7:10pm
Police: Bear area shooting was drug deal gone wrong
Updated Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 10:35pm
Police say a shooting that happened Saturday morning and sent a young man to the hospital was the result of a drug deal gone wrong.
Troopers have arrested 18-year-old Brandon Burns and Rebecca Evans, both of Newark, in connection with the shooting.
The 23-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, is in critical condition at Christiana Hospital.
Police say the victim met up with Burns and Evans in the parking lot of the Sunset Station shopping center to sell them heroin.
The three were in a car, according to police, with the 23-year-old in the back seat when Burns shot him in the upper body. The victim ran into the shopping center in the 1800 block of Pulaski Highway to take cover, and the car drove off.
An investigation led police to Burns and Evans. Burns is charged with attempted robbery and possession of a firearm. He's in the Howard Young prison on $180,000 cash bond. Rebecca Evans was charged with hindering prosecution. She was arraigned and released on $1,000 unsecured bond.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20