Tuesday, August 5, 2014 - 4:19pm
Food Bank graduates more culinary students
Eight students from the Culinary School at the Food Bank of Delaware's Milford branch graduate.
WDEL's Joe Irizarry has more.
Click here to listen
This is the third class to graduate since the culinary school started in Milford .
The students go through 14 weeks of developing skills like proper knife handling techniques, and the complete a two-week internship to prepare them for entry-level jobs in the food industry.
Chef instructor Tim Hunter says he prepares the students as if they're in a job.
"I don't sugarcoat things for 'em. I'm not the nicest guy in the kitchen sometimes, but that's the way it's going to be out there, so I try to keep it as real for them as I can," said Hunter.
Click here to listen
Four of the eight students already have jobs at businesses like Catch 54, Jimmy's Grille, Verde Italian School and the Duncan Center.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20