Three people, dog escape burning home in Wyoming
By Ruth Bryna

Delaware investigators say fire that heavily damaged a house in Wyoming and injured one occupant has been ruled accidental.

Firefighters were called to the fire Saturday afternoon on Front Street in Wyoming. Officials say one occupant sustained second-degree burns to his hand. He was taken to a hospital in Dover and was later listed in good condition.

Fire investigators say the blaze started in a first-floor bedroom. Investigators say electrical extension cords failed and ignited materials in the bedroom.

Three other occupants of the home and a dog were able to escape. Damage is estimated at $75,000.




Copyright © Sep 16, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach