By Associated Press 8:18am, November 11, 2013The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office says an Iron Hill man is in serious but stable condition after his face was severely burned while lighting a cigarette on a gas stove.
The News Journal reports the man was burned Friday night, and his family took him to Christiana Hospital on Saturday afternoon. Investigators were called to the hospital.
Fire officials say the injury happened when the man was lighting a cigarette on a gas stove while using oxygen. The man has been transferred to a burn center in Upland, Pa.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.