Three people, dog escape burning home in Wyoming

By Ruth Bryna 8:15am, September 1, 2014
Delaware investigators say fire that heavily damaged a house in Wyoming and injured one occupant has been ruled accidental.

Firefighters were called to the fire Saturday afternoon on Front Street in Wyoming. Officials say one occupant sustained second-degree burns to his hand. He was taken to a hospital in Dover and was later listed in good condition.

Fire investigators say the blaze started in a first-floor bedroom. Investigators say electrical extension cords failed and ignited materials in the bedroom.

Three other occupants of the home and a dog were able to escape. Damage is estimated at $75,000.

Most Recent Stories