Glasgow fire 121620

Two firefighters were hurt battling flames at a home in Glasgow during the winter storm.

Firefighters from Aetna Hose, Hook and Ladder Company were called to the 1600 block of Old Baltimore Pike at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, December 16, 2020, for reports of a house on fire.

Glasgow fire 121620

They arrived on-scene to find flames shooting out of a second-story bedroom of the home. Firefighters were also challenged by driving winds as they attacked the fire from the stairs of the home.  

Five people inside the home, including a child, escaped unharmed.

Two firefighters were treated for minor burns and released from Christiana Hospital.

Glasgow fire 121620

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire was sparked by an electrical malfunction with a power strip.  

The home was left uninhabitable with damage estimated at $200,000. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.