fire marshal

No one was hurt when a battery charger pack sparked a fire that did about $10,000 in damage to a house in Odessa Saturday afternoon.

Odessa Fire Company crews found smoke coming from a house on Bullen Drive in Asbury Chase around 4 p.m., on January 23, 2021, Delaware State Fire Marshal's investigators said.

The charger pack malfunctioned in the garage, and firefighters were able to confine the flames there.

Smoke detectors in the house worked properly, according to investigators.