A Rehoboth Beach restaurant joined the critically acclaimed restaurants listed among Wine Spectator's Grand Awards for 2019.
In a public statement on the restaurant's website, Kurz teases the location's extensive 170 variations to appear on its wine list and gives background on the name chosen for the restaurant, Cuvée Ray:
"Derived from the French, “Cuvée” is defined as a special blend of wine. I decided on the name Cuvée Ray to convey my desire for our Wine Bar & Restaurant to be known for its special blend of awesome wine, great music and inspired food. I also wanted Cuvée Ray to be an upscale—but relaxed—place where we can share some of the greatest, most exciting wines from around the globe with as many people as possible. And that is exactly why we are offering every one of our 170 wines by the glass! At Cuvée Ray, you’ll discover wines that are both exceptional and accessible. Come see for yourself what a fantastic place Cuvée Ray is for both the casual wine lover and the discriminating aficionado."
Cuvée Ray joins Wine Spectator's other Delaware highlights for years prior, including:
- Catch 54, Selbyville, recognized 2018
- Bluecoast Seafood Grill + Raw Bar, Rehoboth Beach and Bethany, both recognized 2018
- Lupo Italian Kitchen, Rehoboth Beach, recognized 2017
- Churrascaria Saudades, Newark, recognized 2017
- Domaine Hudson, Wilmington, recognized 2013
- Caffé Gelato, Newark, recognized 2005
- Eden, Rehoboth Beach, recognized 2004